Monday, September 13, 2004

Comfortable

I've had to go to an old client today. Ok, it's not exactly ancient, I was on that client's offices from last March to last June; but taking into account the recent paradigm shift, my holidays and everything else it seemed to me like a thousand years had passed since I last set foot in their offices.

And that was just my very first (and up to now only one, or at least the only official (read paid) one) project in C#. I had to go today to prepare the installation CD and to modify a migration routine, for the setup tomorrow on the final client at Barcelona. By the way, I don't believe I'll be able to post anything here tomorrow, cause I guess I'll be at Barna City for the better part of the day.

This post title comes about how very comfortable I've felt today crunching C# code and handling VS 2003 IDE after almost two weeks of dealing nakedly with Java, Notepad and the command console.

Ah! Glorious!

That CAPS+CTRL+B key combo for compiling, that F5 for running, that long and meaningful error messages, that step-by-step code debugging, and so on. Amazing.

And I've just realized that, if I keep it this way, I should have to rename this blog: instead of Codecruncher I should call myself the old moaning lady. It's over. This is my very last post groaning about my luck.

Of course, it won't be the last comparing C# with Java.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home